The tech industry has made great strides in its efforts to reduce emissions and increase renewable energy use, but it is clear that there is still a lot of work to be done. It is encouraging to see that the industry is taking steps to reduce its environmental impact, but it is also important to remember that the tech industry is only a small part of the global climate crisis. It is essential that all industries take action to reduce their emissions and move towards a more sustainable future.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 54 seconds
Apple Pushes Suppliers To Go Green: Tech Giants Lead the Way
The global climate crisis has intensified the urgency for the information technology sector to initiate sustainability measures. In response, six tech giants have set targets for their suppliers to switch to renewable energy sources. Apple leads the pack, being the only company with a 100 percent renewable electricity target in its supply chain. The other five tech giants are Microsoft, Google, Dell, HP, and Amazon. These companies are working to reduce their emissions and increase their renewable energy use, but the report also notes that there is still a long way to go.
Latest from News
- Unlock Supply Chain Complexity and Achieve Success
- President Biden Announces New Actions to Strengthen America's Supply Chains
- Equipment Depot Leads the Way with AWS Supply Chain in Material Handling
- Exploring the Benefits of Blockchain Technology on Supply Chain Management
- 4 Best Practices to Improve Supply Chain Efficiency